Wednesday, December 20, 2006

CANADA, AUSTRALIA, GERMANY, UK


IMG_4374
Originally uploaded by rheimbro.
IT IS TRUE, you are all out of luck.

THE AUDIO EDITION OF MY BOOK is available for free only through the iTunes USA store.

THIS IS NOT DONE OUT OF SPITE

(except perhaps in the case of Canada)

BUT BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN SOVEREIGN NATIONS, some of which currently offer no legal edition of my book to begin with--IN ANY FORMAT.

(including MICROFICHE)

and ONE OF WHICH (Canada) persists in having its own laws, economy, and publishing territories despite OUR OBVIOUS KINSHIP AND MUTUAL LOVE OF FRIES WITH GRAVY

I'm sorry if you feel vexed or disappointed.

I can offer you at least this: a recorded interview from BOOK SOUP (10/9/06) that I just rediscovered on-line. Tune in HERE AND AROUND THE WORLD as Leila asks some very provocative questions about my early schooling and the odor of my fellow students.

That is all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In all seriousness, what would it take to bring the Hodgman/Coulton combo to Canada.

Jim Donahue said...

Wow! That is great!

Solonor Rasreth said...

So that's why I couldn't find a microfiche copy of the book in France!

I thought it was just lack of foresight on the part of French publishers to prepare for the avalanche of requests from research libraries and CIA listening posts.

Annje said...

I'm having a hard time finding Areas of My Expertise on CD at my local bookstore. You'd think they'd automatically know who John Hodgman is..apparently this is not the case. *Note to self..Must educate Barnes and Noble staff on Areas of Expertise!*

Anonymous said...

We all took a vote and you're not allowed to publish up here until you learn to love fries with malt vinegar. Furthermore, there'll be no publishing of audiobooks until you love poutine (vinegar optional).

Thank you,

   -Canada

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed laughing repeatedly throughout the first 20 minutes of the free audiobook and I look forward to laughing my way through the rest of it.

SAPO!! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
juniper pearl said...

iTunes has classified this audio book as "abridged nonfiction." this gets more exciting every step of the way.

Brooke LaValley said...

what happened to the free version? I'm unable to find it through this link. Limited time only?