Wednesday, March 21, 2007

EVIDENCE OF MY ABSENCE

I HAVE BEEN away. This is obvious to anyone, but proof of it may be found here.

BUT HERE IS THE ONLY PART OF THE STORY THAT MATTERS:

"The only way that this night could be more perfect is if I ran into Alan Moore, pan handling for money outside of Canter's. I would ask him: "Why are you pan handling outside of Canter's, Alan Moore?" and his answer would simply be "Magick." This would make unbelievable sense to me and I would give him a twenty dollar bill."

THANKS, Elan, for contacting me via "myspace." Sometimes myspace is very good. It does, after all, offer this (also via Elan).

BUT I NEED TO ESTABLISH A NEW MYSPACE POLICY, AND IT IS: no more myspace.

IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS HAVING FUN THERE, but as I am old and slow and unable to keep up even with this simple tickertape machine, it feels unfair to let those poor people on myspace to go unanswered for so long.

I ACTUALLY TRIED TO DELETE THAT PAGE about a month ago. But now I will take a week to tell those poor souls and you people that ALL INTERNET CONTACT SHALL NOW OCCUR EXCLUSIVELY HERE.

With a side dabbling in Flickr.

AND TO THOSE PATIENT PEOPLE who defaced their books and sent in hobo nickels, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU. I have all your letters, and you will be hearing from me, IN THE FUTURE.

That is all.

6 comments:

starfishncoffee said...

That's cool...I've debated getting rid of mine every once in awhile cause us old people can't keep up with the youngin's but I'm too addicted. But between it and my Livejournal I'll never get any actual work done again.
Cheers!
Rana

My Tofu Is Strong said...

I have created a blogspot FOR THE SOLE REASON that you are eliminating your much-neglected myspace page. I greatly enjoy your writings and various entertainment programming appearances, and am enthusiastically anticipating your rise to greater fame and power. I highly recommend reading the blog of one "Ken Jennings", as it is often insightful and laughter-provoking. Have a whifferlicious day.

Unknown said...

I believe the move away from myspace is a smart one. It's no place for a hobo, hobologist, recovering hobo or a hobo wanna-be. Blogs are much closer in style and smell to the hobo camps we are used to populating.

hobogirl1 said...

You have brought me back to life again hodgman. Throw that old myspace page away.

Evan said...

Thank you for bringing some joy to UCLA last Monday night.

Annje said...

Trust me Mr. Hodgman it's better to be sober than being on that Myspace Crack..One of my co-workers got me addicted to it and now it seems I may need an intervention. I might just delete my page as well.