Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pertaining to the Little Gray Book Lectures and Their Associated Podcasts.

This question came to me via the internet. It will make sense only to N. Pomeroy, and perhaps a few others, but I believe it's important to put out there for the record, as I am a Ken Smith fan, wherever his travels may have taken him.

N. Pomeroy asked via electronic mail:

"I enjoy your podcast. I found something interesting, and would like to know if you can help me clear something up.

"I listened to Lt.Gr.Bk. 2005-06-15, and while googling for more information about Nick Pahys Jr., I found a write-up of his museum on roadsideamerica.com.. The reading done in the podcast was almost verbatim what was on the webpage. My questions are: did I miss roadsideamerica.com's attribution of your reader's work? or did I miss the attribution in the audio file? or neither? is your reader and the roadsideamerica author the same? who's taking from whom without attribution? who wrote the piece? Thanks for your time, just curious,
"n. pomeroy"

Jh responds:

The speaker at the Little Gray Book Lectures and the author of the roadsideamerica.com article are one and the same, the great, if somewhat plainly named "KEN SMITH."

I asked Ken to read the piece on stage after I read it on the internet. It was only then that I realized he is also the author of "Raw Deal," which features some of the best information available on the beautifully deranged inventor, among other fine books about things.

Meanwhile, the gentleman playing Nick Pahys, Jr. is David Guion, perhaps America's chief documentor of the musical genre known as SPY ROCK.

Those of you who do not know what I am talking about may visit the aforementioned podcasts, though I suspect you will find more questions there than answers.

But be assured: those questions will be answered soon.

That is all.

5 comments:

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly said...

Am I correct in believing that you have the semi-exclusive chronic condition asthma?

If so--what profound lessons has asthma taught you?

Jeremiah Murphy said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I have a question that perhaps may fall under your expertise.

What is Superman's cape made out of?

ANd then my follow up question would be who could construct a replica of Superman's cape faster: Multi-arm silicon based robots designed for freight work but modified with drivers downloaded from the internet to instruct them in cosume tailoring or an army of ants with an IQ equivalent to 1000 on a human scale?

Thank you for your time.

shashavica said...

Good blogsite!

Please come and visit my blogsite: www.shashavica.blogspot.com

All the best!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.