Wednesday, April 09, 2008

MERLIN MANN REMINDS ME THAT YOU LOOK NICE TODAY

MERLIN MANN alerts me to EPISODE 3A of the sterling podcast he produces with his friends Scott Simpson and lonelysandwich: "YOU LOOK NICE TODAY."

YOU SHOULD LISTEN AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.

MEANWHILE, I trust I am the last person on the internet to arrive at this party, but is not Merlin Mann one of the finest names ever? It is great enough that he is actually named MERLIN, but then the name just comes back and hits you with a classic oxymoron

It is almost like being named WIZARD NONWIZARD.

OR MORE ACCURATELY: WIZARD NONWIZARDD.

That is all.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The collected "tweets" of hotdogsladies(MM), scottsimpson, and lonelysandwich on the "micro-blogging social web thing" called twitter.com are among the highlights of my daily online routine.
Which raises a question: why doesn't Hodg-man tweet?

extraface said...

...or like if Merlin the electronic wizard toy mated with Thomas Mann.

kristina b said...

This blog is hilarious. I'm so glad I found it.

The only real personal connection I have to you - other than, you know, seeing you on TV - is a mutual friend. But anyway, I'm a fan.

Jesse Thorn said...

Merlin Mann = Solid Gold
Scott Simpson = Solid Gold
Lonely Sandwich = Solid Gold + Ukelele

Omar said...

I hope you caught M-Mann's latest steampunk DIY masterpiece.

hodg-man said...

Yeesh, Ape-lad. Is it not enough that I blog?

NOW I TWEET

That is all.

Tim said...

Not that I am well-versed in the ways of "Web 2.0" (nor do I wish to be), but, from a purely etymological standpoint, should not the verb form of "Twitter" be "to Twit"?

(This ignores, of course, the fact that "twitter" is a verb to begin with. For these purposes, I will assume "capital-T Twitter" to be a separate, if vaguely related, word.)

Cephalopodcast said...

Yes, one might say it's a case of the ARCANE MUNDANEDD. A veritable whizzer of odd. Got to love that Mann's whit.

Lhyzz said...

Might you be among the numerous fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld?

Unknown said...

It is not enough that you blog. Not anymore.
I am sure the community of twitterers will welcome you with open, 140 character long arms.
When web 3.0 is rolled out, I will be sure to invite you to join the social network designed to broadcast your vital functions (pulse, blood pressure, etc) to the world at large.
It doesn't have a name yet, and it's still in beta.