Wednesday, October 01, 2008

BOING

HELLO AGAIN, bOINGbOINGists

IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN through the internet.

GUESS WHAT I LEARNED TO DO since last time? PROPER EMBEDDING TECHNIQUES.

WITNESS:



(I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS)

MEANWHILE, HERE IS AN ACTUAL NOTE left for me in my room by the management of the CHATEAU MARMONT after viewing my last visit to BoingBoingTV...


THEY REALLY DID OFFER the best Soylent Green in Los Angeles. I hope they bring it back.

ALSO, MAY I PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE THIS TRAFFICKY MOMENT TO RECOMMEND...

SHOPSIN

?

That is all.

7 comments:

Hugh Lafferty said...

"Boing Boing Boing" is what I usually say when my wife Gladys says: "A Penny for your thoughts." Then she insists my thoughts are not worth a penny and refuses to pay. I wonder if my marriage is in trouble? (She owes me $10!)

Thank you for your help.

Droopy said...

One word: "Lynchian"

tony said...

My copy of Eat me is being held up by some other book I pre-ordered (shipping est 10-27). I'm hoping for some Shopsin parenting insight.

Have you checked out any of the other Shopsin family literature?

Tim said...

A functioning embed! I— I don't know how to react...

Also : That note impressed me slightly more when I initially read the heading to say "Chateau Marmot".

JeffStormer said...

The road towards being George Plimpton takes another step forward. Godspeed, Hodgman, I applaud each step you take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA6JZ31vL4s

Serenaded Hourly said...

That was very powerful. Gravy. I really wish I could buy whatever it was that they were selling. (I'd buy you one, too.)

Also: eldest Shopsin/my roommate!

Video Test said...

Hey John,

It looks like the player is cut off a bit on the right. If you simply modify the width and height of both the "object" and "embed" tags to something a bit narrower/shorter, the player should fit, no longer cutting off the video. Right now they are at 480x390. You probably want to shoot for 440x360.

Matias
(matias at episodic dot com)

PS - hilarious video!