Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'M SURE HE SAYS THAT TO ALL THE JURORS

THE LATEST UP DATE FROM THE JURY POOL CLERK, A TALL SKINNY MAN WITH A MOP OF SNOWY WHITE HAIR:

BEGIN QUOTED TEXT:

"We're still waiting to hear from the expediters as to whether there is any COURT ACTION coming up. In the meantime you're still doing great. The chief court reporter, who's been here for 25 years, just walked through and said this is the most alert group of jurors he's ever seen. so you should all be very proud of yourselves."

END QUOTED TEXT

I have capitalized the words COURT ACTION, for that is how he pronounces them. As in...

"OK. Everyone just stay patient. I'll let you know when you might get to see some COURT ACTION."

or

"Stand by for COURT ACTION."

Meanwhile, I just want to say that I thought SURF'S UP was actually pretty great.

STANDING BY FOR COURT ACTION
THAT IS ALL.

8 comments:

C.T. Pope said...

"Court Action" might need an urbandictionary.com entry.

Annje said...

I concur..I won't even mention where my brain went with "Court Action." Of course it's early and I haven't had any coffee. :)

Anonymous said...

On the qui vive, sir?
No court action in New York?
Somebody's slacking.

Haiku'd you, man.

Drhaggis said...

Who wouldn't like a little Hot Court Action?

Anonymous said...

This white-haired clerk is an American hero.

Anonymous said...

I sense "Jury Duty" to be the next full length publication by John Hodgman. Composed entirely of blog entries.

Of course I anxiously await my own appointment to a federal jury.

Unknown said...

please remember you are the only thing standing between civilization and anarchy

pT said...

that is indeed the same thing he said to us when i served.