Tuesday, March 25, 2008

FOUR FINE FELLOWS, PLUS BILLY BRAGG

1. COULTON covers BRAGG. In the words of his wife, "FINALLY."



I HOPE VERY MUCH that Billy Bragg supports creative commons, because it would be sad to be sued by a communist.

2. SACHS has a blog about his mad, lovely travels around the earth. It is worth reading, because SOMEDAY HE WILL UPDATE IT.


TO FIND OUT WHY SACHS RUNS* SO HARD, you can read this month's GQ.

*(or SANDBOARDS)

3. BRETT MARTIN has a worldly blog as well. It is worth reading because HE UPDATES IT EVERY DAY, and also it is named after his initials.


In the words of MARTIN, "FINALLY!"

4. JOHN SELLERS has always had an ANGRY BLOG, and plus he is reading from his book about his life as a GUIDED BY VOICES stalker at BOOK COURT tomorrow night. SEE YOU THERE.
(and: COVER by POTTS: a secret FIFTH FINE FELLOW)

THAT IS ALL.

8 comments:

DeleteMe said...

I'm going to put these all in a Google Reader folder called "Little Gray eBooks".

Or should I first wait for Brendan Greeley to start a blog..?

ADVISE.

certifiedprepwn3d said...

Do y'all just all always call each other, and Billy Bragg, by last name only?

And, it would be sad to get sued by a communist, but he might just consider it "encouraged sharing."

certifiedprepwn3d said...

and, do you ever call Mr. Potts "Caractacus"?

Unknown said...

Cool, that is my video you included!

Thanks John.

TSyndrome said...

There is a new speculative fiction video-game, dealing with what The Hoboes might have done when they went to the stars. It is entitled Twin Hobo Rocket. I'm a bit wary of this, as the authors of the game refer to the protagonists as "bums" and we all know that hoboes are several rungs above them.
http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/03/freeware_game_pick_twin_hobo_rocket_edmund_mcmillen_florian_himsl.html

Unknown said...

Hey John,

I just heard your piece on This American Life (which was great), and I realized how much I've missed hearing you reading your writing since I finished your audiobook.

Here's a link to the This American Life episode, if anyone else wants a listen: http://podcast.thisamericanlife.org/podcast/329.mp3

Aron said...

Hodg-man,

I too heard you on This American Life. It pleased me as well. I have read your book a couple of times, and listened to the audio book. I hope by now to be able to access the complete world knowledge as quickly and keenly as you do on a whim.

I hope you can write a new book soon. Your idea on writing about Hodgmina indtrigues me.

BTW. These blogs are good. Thanks for the tip. (^_^)

Church said...

It's not quite Creative Commons, but to see Mr. Bragg trying to grapple with the realities of the internet, see his recent Op-Ed in the NY Times, and the related followups. Techdirt has a pretty comprehensive roundup here:
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080322/142342625.shtml