Wednesday, September 27, 2006

THIS EVENING: BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS


Take One
Originally uploaded by mrbikferd.
THIS EVENING, Coulton and I will be visiting Brookline, Massachusetts, a non-fictional town where I grew up.

THIS WILL OCCUR at 7PM, at Brookline Booksmith, a fine book smithy where they not only offer books made of wrought iron, forged on anvils, but paper editions as well.

Brookline Booksmith
279 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02446
617-566-6660

IT IS FREE.

Meanwhile, THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGE is offered by Mr. Bikferd, who steadfastly refuses to adhere to the NO DIGITIAL MANIPULATION STIPULATION of the h-in-sunrays pool, and yet I have to forgive him, for once again he has peered directly into my brain and produced from it uncannily an image I never dared hope I would see.

THIS PROCESS, I am happy to report, WAS PAINLESS.

Tomorrow I will cease to reward the guilty and return to featuring, GRATEFULLY, analog world images from AROUND THE WORLD.

Until then: that is all.

6 comments:

Solonor Rasreth said...

Brookline is hardly non-fictional. I'd call it more of a "docudrama".

DeleteMe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteMe said...

Not only did I ignore the "no digital manipulation" stipulation but according to this, I'm eight angled lines too short.

I promise to try harder in the future.

BTW, I am able to peer into your brain using my copy of the book. Maybe I somehow got the teachers' edition?

mrbikferd/patrick

bec_87rb said...

Bikferd -

I was so excited to see that you had pilfered from M, a Peter Lorre movie in German from the 30's or the 20's!

I was inordinately tickled!

Jeremiah said...

I cannot believe Ann Coulton was willing to debate you. Are you going to talk about bulimia as a right-wing selling point?

Gina said...

I am planning to come to Cody's books on October 12th, but its website has conflicting information! While I completely trust your knowledge of the ENTIRE WORLD, as gas is expensive, can you confirm the precise location of the visitation?