Friday, September 15, 2006

ZERO ROUND DOORS, ZERO SOD ROOFS

Because of the eagle eyes of Neil Gaiman, I am forced to make one last post before I leave today, and that is to draw attention to this.

I think if you are going to call your planned community "The Shire" and kit it all out to look like a fantasy village, you better be prepared to build some damn homes underground.

This is frankly infuriating. Especially since this "Shire" is in Oregon, where I happen to know that people not only **want** to live under the ground, they often do.

I am too angry to write more.

That is all.

2 comments:

Maxwell McLeod said...

Gorhenhad Oldbuck is rolling in his grave.

Serenaded Hourly said...

[Link to photo]

But, they're maintenance sheds?

Why can't they be little eat-in studios? They're really cutting out the short, big-footed dirt-dweller demographic.

Plus, no wi-fi. Lame.